Terms and Conditions
- 1.1. Sandbox Global provides users with an opportunity to play online games and use related services on various platforms on the Internet.
Sandbox Global’s code of Conduct:
Sandbox Global games may only be played on the platforms provided, via the access made available by Sandbox Global, and in accordance with the applicable rules.
The User may not assign or offer to assign its License Agreement or account to third parties.
Access data and account data must be kept secret; this does not include disclosure to statutory representatives.
Creating or using hacks, cheats or other tools that alter Sandbox Global’s Services or affect the gaming experience is not permitted. Similarly, the User is prohibited from any manner of cheating, exploiting errors or bugs, and using exploits.
The User may not disrupt the gaming procedure at Sandbox Global, or employ any mechanisms or use any software or take any measures that might disrupt or damage the functioning of Sandbox Global or render it less efficient.
Exchanging, offering or selling elements of Sandbox Global’s Services (e.g. units, virtual currency, coins, Sandbox Global cash, points, virtual goods) outside Sandbox Global is not permitted.
Spying out Sandbox Global, its platforms or other Users (e.g. by employing tools, emulating protocols, or tunnelling) and illegally collecting data during use of Sandbox Global’s Services are prohibited.
Copyright, Third-Party Rights
The User many not alter or modify Sandbox Global’s Services beyond their designated usage.
Using, copying and passing on Sandbox Global’s Services is expressly prohibited, unless Sandbox Global has expressly granted permission. Mention of Sandbox Global’s name and its trademarks may not be removed or altered. The User is not allowed to circumvent technical measures for protecting Sandbox Global’s Services or to decompile or disassemble Sandbox Global’s Services with the aid of software, IT systems or in any other manner.
The User may not use Sandbox Global’s Services for any commercial purpose.
The User may not post or use any content on the platform (e.g. user name, texts, pictures, photos, videos) that breaches statutory regulations or infringes third-party rights.
The following are all prohibited:
Insults, libel and slander in relation to other Users, Sandbox Global’s employees and third parties; fraudulent content; inciting illicit behaviour; threats, coercion and personal attacks; provocative and aggressive utterances.
Unethical, obscene, indecent and pornographic content (e.g. pictures and descriptions of violence or injuries; nude pictures or drawings; texts relating to sex or lewd objects or behaviour); deprecating or discriminating comments; content glorifying violence; and content apt to encourage or glorify hatred, violence or discrimination.
Curses and swear words; harassing Sandbox Global, other Users or third parties, e.g. with junk mail, spam or chain letters; all manner of advertising; publishing identities, personal or confidential data as well as individual communications without the permission of the person(s) concerned.
The User may not provide, describe, apply, circulate, support, link or specify the source of any malware (e.g. computer viruses, Internet worms, Trojan horses, hoaxes, dialers).
- 1.3. Any terms and conditions prescribed by the user are excluded.
2. Contract Closure, Term
- 2.2. Any individual over the age of 18 who has full legal capacity may become a user. Minors may only conclude a License Agreement with the consent of a parent or guardian. The user must provide all the data required accurately and in full, and keep it up-to-date at all times. At any time Sandbox Globalis entitled to demand adequate proof of the user’s identity and age of majority or of consent from a parent or guardian, or to make using specific functions contingent upon such proof.
- 2.3. A License Agreement is concluded for an indefinite period. On observing a 7-day period of notice, both contractual partners are entitled at any time to give routine notice terminating the License Agreement. Partial notice relating to a specific game is also permitted. The user may also terminate the License Agreement by deleting its account or the application.
- 2.4. The right of both contractual partners to give extraordinary notice for important cause remains unaffected. An important cause shall be deemed the case if the user defaults in payment of any fee and still fails to pay despite being sent a reminder, or culpably commits any breach of duty that is more than merely insubstantial.
- 2.5. On termination of the License Agreement the user’s account is deleted, thus disabling access to Sandbox Global’s services. The user is not entitled to have deleted data restored, even on re-registering. The user is not entitled to any refund insofar as it has already made use of the services provided by Sandbox Global (e.g. coins, virtual goods).
3. Notification regarding Revocation
- 3.1: Right of Revocation
You may revoke your declaration of contract closure within a period of 14 days in text form (e.g. by post, fax, email) without stating reasons. The period commences on receipt of this information in text form, but on no account prior to contract closure, nor before we have honoured our obligations to furnish information pursuant to Art. 246 Sect. 2 in conjunction with Sect. 1 (1) and (2) German Introductory Act to the Civil Code (EGBGB), and our obligations pursuant Sect. 312g (1) Clause 1 German Civil Code (BGB) in conjunction with Art. 246 Sect. 3 EGBGB. In order to meet the deadline, it is sufficient to send off the revocation notice before the period expires.
The revocation notice must be sent to:
Sandbox Global GmbH, Saarbruecker Str. 38, 10405 Berlin
Fax: +49-30-8964 9064, email@example.com
- 3.2. Consequences of Revocation
In the event of effective notice of revocation, the performance received by each party is to be returned and any benefits derived (e.g. interest) are to be surrendered. If you are unable to return all or any of the performance received, or if you can only return it in an impaired condition, then you must pay us compensation; this may mean that you still have to honour your contractual payment obligations for the period up until revocation takes effect. Obligations to reimburse payments must be met within 30 days. The period begins with the sending off of your revocation, for us with its receipt.
- 3.3. Special Information
Your right to give notice of revocation expires prematurely if the contract has been fully performed by both sides at your express request prior to your exercising your revocation right.
4. Content & Scope of License Agreement
- 4.1. Under the License Agreement, the user is authorised to put the games and services provided on the respective platform (also jointly referred to hereinafter as “Sandbox Global’s Services”) to personal use for a limited period in accordance with the respective terms stipulated. Sandbox Global’s Services are put at the user’s disposal along with the available functions in each case; no right to have certain functions provided exists. Sandbox Global is entitled at any time to alter content or functions (e.g. by way of patches, updates or modifications).
- 4.2. No warranty of any specific availability is given for Sandbox Global’s Services. In particular, downtimes may be caused by technical problems beyond Sandbox Global’s control. Maintenance work may impair availability; insofar as is possible, it shall be carried out paying consideration to users. In addition, unannounced maintenance measures may be necessary, such as in the event of unpredictable failures (e.g. due to attacks, viruses). No warranty can be given that the software used by Sandbox Global is entirely devoid of errors. The user is not entitled to demand that Sandbox Global’s Services be provided or kept in a given condition.
- 4.3. Sandbox Global’s Services may be fee-paying or free of charge. Sandbox Global shall always draw adequate advance attention to fee-paying services.
- 4.4. By way of a fee-paying service, Sandbox Global may offer certain units or virtual currencies (e.g. in the form of coins, Sandbox Global cash or points) under a License Agreement or for individual games, which may be used accordingly depending on the agreed terms and the game’s setup. These units or virtual currencies constitute an element of the game and are thus of no monetary value. In particular, alterations to Sandbox Global’s Services may result in changes in how they may be used. Trading or exchanging the units or virtual currencies into real money is excluded.
- 4.5. Under a License Agreement or for individual games, Sandbox Global may also offer individual functions, add-ons, short cuts or virtual goods as a fee-paying service. Some of these paid features may also be used in exchange for units or virtual currency (see 4.4 above); changing them back again is excluded in each case. The user may use a fee-paying feature in accordance with the terms agreed in each case. For the avoidance of doubt, the user is granted a non-exclusive right to use the respective function for a limited period. The limited period is either apparent from the nature of the respective feature, or otherwise ends on termination of the License Agreement.
- 4.6. Units pursuant to Item 4.4 or features pursuant to Item 4.5 are not transferable and may not be otherwise used elsewhere, unless this is permitted under the rules of the game. Transferral in exchange for financial advantages is inadmissible at all times.
- 4.7. Whenever units pursuant to Item 4.4 or features pursuant to Item 4.5 are provided by Sandbox Global free of charge, the user may not derive any rights whatsoever there from. Sandbox Global may therefore demand back or erase the units or features concerned at any time.
- 4.8. The user is only granted the right to use Sandbox Global’s Services personally. Sandbox Global retains all proprietary and other rights in Sandbox Global’s Services. The user is not entitled to extend its scope of usage, to assign its license, to grant sub-licenses and/or to alter, pass on or sell Sandbox Global’s or otherwise make them accessible to third parties.
5. User’s Obligations
- 5.1. The user is under obligation when using Sandbox Global’s Services to comply with Sandbox Global’s Code of Conduct. Any instructions and notes (e.g. FAQ) issued by Sandbox Global are to be heeded by the user as amended at the time. The user is to report to Sandbox Global immediately if it gains knowledge of any breach of duty by another user or of any violation of Sandbox Global’s Code of Conduct If the user commits any breach of duty, Sandbox Global may take appropriate measures (e.g. issue a warning, block or erase content, disable the user’s access, or give notice pursuant to Item 2 above).
- 5.2. The user is liable without restriction for its own conduct and its own account. This applies in particular to any contributions posted and any content used by the user (e.g. photos); if in doubt, the user is bound to verify beforehand that they do not violate statutory regulations, or breach public policy or infringe third-party rights (e.g. copyright, data protection rights) anywhere in the world. Sandbox Global is under no obligation to also check their accuracy or verify their legality. As a matter of principle, Sandbox Global does not adopt as its own any information posted by users or third parties.
- 5.3. On posting content with Sandbox Global, the user assigns to Sandbox Global in perpetuity all the required rights without any restrictions in terms of territory. Depending on the content, this may include Sandbox Global’s authority to store, adapt or modify the content and make it perceptible to the public. The user shall only be entitled to demand subsequent erasure of the content it has posted on Sandbox Global if there are important reasons for doing so.
- 5.4. The user releases and discharges Sandbox Global from all and any claims that are asserted on Sandbox Global by third parties due to any breach of duty or infringement of rights that is committed by the user, unless the user is not responsible for such breach or infringement. Reasonable costs for defending and asserting rights must also be refunded.
- 6.1. Insofar as a fee is charged for the provision of Sandbox Global’s Services, the payment in each case is indicated in the game and agreed by and between the contracting parties. The prices given include statutory turnover tax. In addition, Sandbox Global is entitled to alter pricelists or future prices for Sandbox Global’sServices at any time.
- 6.2. For all Sandbox Global’s Services for which a fee is charged, all the means of payment approved in each case are accepted. Sandbox Global is entitled to change the means of payment at any time. On effecting payment, the user is under obligation to provide correct details. Sandbox Global is entitled to verify the details provided by the user, or to have this done by third parties.
- 6.3. The user must refund to Sandbox Global all and any costs and expenditures that are incurred on Sandbox Global for collecting payments (e.g. bank charges, service fees).
- 6.4. Payment for the respective period of use is due and payable in advance.
7.Limitation of Liability
- 7.1. The following provisions on the limitation of Sandbox Global’s liability apply to all compensation claims and instances of liability for whatsoever legal cause, except for any claims or rights on the part of the user:
that are based on mortal injury, physical harm or health damage;
that are based on fraudulent concealment by Sandbox Global of any defect, or on the lack of any characteristic guaranteed by Sandbox Global;
that are based on intent or gross negligence on the part of Sandbox Global, its statutory representatives or vicarious agents; or
under product liability law.
Each of the aforementioned exceptions shall be governed exclusively by statutory regulations.
- 7.2. For Sandbox Global’s Services that are free of charge, Sandbox Global’s liability for simple negligence is excluded.
- 7.3. For Sandbox Global’s Services for which a fee is charged, Sandbox Global shall only be liable for negligence where losses or damage are due to a breach of cardinal duty, i.e. a duty having to be performed in order to attain the contractual purpose, or performance of which the user is entitled to rely on. In cases of a breach of cardinal duty, Sandbox Global’s liability shall be limited to compensation of the typical damage that Sandbox Global could foresee at the time of contract closure. In terms of amount, liability shall be limited to any payment already made by the user. For Sandbox Global’s Services for which a fee is charged, Sandbox Global’s liability for negligence vis-à-vis users is excluded in all other respects.
- 7.4. In connection with contractual usage under tenancy law and suchlike, Sandbox Global’s liability irrespective of fault for errors already existing at the time of contract closure is expressly excluded.
8. Final Provisions, Amendments, Governing Law
- 8.1. Claims and partial claims vis-à-vis Sandbox Global may not be assigned to third parties. Sandbox Global remains entitled to assign its rights vis-à-vis the user, in particular for collection purposes.